Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Live from Hectic-Ville

Well, I have been busy the past few weeks which is causing me to post a bit less frequently.

Still low carbing it, but it has been more of a struggle of late. PORTION CONTROL is the name of the game. That and increasing my activity levels. I am gradually cutting back on the portions and gradually increasing my activity.

What worked to get me from 410 lbs past 350 lbs is not getting it done at the same level at 310 lbs. I need to cut back to smallerish portions, and that is hard for me psychologically more than physically. I am doing it slowly as I am deep down inside afraid of awful hunger, starvation, doing without, stalling my metabolism out, etc.

I have read about alot of successful folks and read what they are eating (quantity of food) and it's alot less than what I am now eating. I am finding myself slowly cycling above and below 310 lbs. I have been as low as 307.6 lbs recently and also above 310 lbs as my weight fluctuates up and down.

I am cutting back on sizes. A coworker told me about Body for Life - a book that advocates pumping up the metabolism and eating more regular, smaller meals. I am trying to do some of those kinds of things, low carb. Eat less. Do more.

It's a slow process right now as I am not cutting back enough to really create a huge calorie deficit. I am still losing on average, but slower. It's OK. It's still in the right direction. It is still showing me the main thing - that this way of life is SUSTAINABLE. That is the biggie for me!!

Keeping the faith! Keeping my chin up! Smallerish portions! More activity!

Thanks for pulling for me and with me on this low carb life-journey!!!

No comments: