Sunday, February 11, 2007

PLEASE STAND BY for this Important Announcement!


This morning I weighed and was 350.2 lbs! My wife told me I should have stood over the sink and spit till I had lost a few ounces (I couldn't tell if she was serious or joking). I just figure another week or two and I will easily be down in "340's-Land". That will be nice!

My wife has been joking with me lately telling me that I'll be in my 70's and 80's still trying to break 350 lbs. It does seem like it is a long time coming, compared to losses I experienced before. But it is coming, and the trending is right, so I am sticking with the plan.

If all holds "true-to-form" I will spend a day or two tops at the new low, then BLOOOOOOP! on up to 4-5 lbs over, then the next day a couple pounds more. After that I start losing a couple pounds a day until I hit new lows again. It is a cycle that is happening over and over again. I am waiting to see some really remarkable drops again.

I have read Victoria Shephard's blog (http://stumblingtobethlehem.blogspot.com/) where she talks about the "Whoosh Fairy". I don't know about fairies and leprechaun's and unicorns and other mythical creatures (OK, I do..., and I Do Not believe in them!) - but I would love to see some more "whooshing" going on here. There is nothing quite as rewarding as watching the scale and pounds whoosh away!! I may pray a little and jiggle things around a little in my diet to see if I can get this bouncing around to stop and more whooshing to happen.

One kind friend and reader suggested pasta dinner might trigger another whoosh, but I am a big giant chicken. I have been mostly cheat free since I started. I say "mostly" since I allow myself to indulge in cheese on occasion, but I doubt I am exceeding my carb limits much, if at all. I may occasionally go over induction levels (~20 grams of carbs), but I am pretty sure I am not going over OWL (on-going weight loss) levels (~40 grams of carbs).

Anyhow, I am mostly happy with the forward (downward) progress with my weight, and am hanging in there. Though if I REALLY KNEW a plate of pasta would put me back into a whoosh-land loss again, I would be CHEATING like a really bad-actor, and eating that pasta!

One nice thing happened today. I had to preach at my local church tonight, and my wife brought out some old suits from the closet I haven't worn in about eight years or so. Maybe not that long, but I think so. Anyhow, the interesting thing was that they actually FIT!!! Yeah, the pants were a little bit tight, but they fit just the same. So I got to wear a nice suit tonight instead of my ussual Dockers and business casual attire. That felt nice! A little more down and they will fit well! It will be nice to be able to wear some of my old suits!!

Anyhow, I am going to bag it. Busy weekend and I am all tuckered out!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my little blogfest and mini news update!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

LATE BREAKING NEWS!
We Interrupt this program....

This morning I broke 350.0 lbs and weighed in at 347.4 lbs!

WHOOOOOOOOSH!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Doin' the happy dance for ya!! That's such awesome news!!!
I know that the numbers are a big deal, but it's the new way of eating and the perseverance that will help you KEEP the weight off!! When hubby and I lost our weight, we went back to eating any old whatever, and the weight came back. Slow and steady lifetime habits make a big difference!! We're cheering ya on over here from our side of town...

Alex said...

Wooosh....that's great!

Unknown said...

That's the Whoosh Fairy in action. She's only as real as anyone makes her, but a little kissing up to a mythical fairy can't hurt, right? :)

Backpacking Ben said...

Goood reading your post