Sunday, February 25, 2007

More Roller-Coastering...

Well, if you have visited here (my little Low Carb Blogfest) or my other online journal in the past you have had to listen to my incessant whining about the roller coaster ride my weight stats have been taking. Sure, the ride down is the most exciting, hands in the air screaming your head off all the way down. But those slow cranking rides back up kinda stink. Especially when you thought you were **AT** the top already, only to find things going up still higher.

It may be a little self inflicted water retention this time as I ate some Oscar Mayer No Sodium Nitrite/No Sodium Nitrate hot dogs (which if you look at the label is still chock full of sodium - just not nearly as much).
So when someone with sodium sensitivity like myself eats 4 of them (cause they are quick and easy to fix) it might have some effect. By and large I am doing well with moderating my sodium intake (cut the pickles and olives and hot dogs mostly).

I decided to rework the spreadsheet graph since January 1st (when I got my new scale) and to add in a moving 5-day average and a moving 10 day average as well as the actual. I am also graphing recent lows and highs as this bouncing or roller coastering up and down is moving in a window as well. I guess the averages make me feel better, seeing the overall trends and enabling me to look past any one days numbers. The peaks and valleys concern me a little. Especially the peaks.

Perhaps I need to bring in a Wall Street analyst and see if I should buy or sell... (smile).

I am looking at the purple line as some kind of resistance my body has to accepting the loss, and it is fighting back a little. The red line trending the lows is showing progress along with the averages.

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Definately let the moving average be more of a guide. I use a program called Weight Commander and it tracks your daily average and moving average. Despite all my mountain peaks, my overall average shows I'm losing well. It's just normal to have the ups and downs. Keep on keepin' on!