Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Ribeye...

Man, I have never had such cravings for steak - especially Ribeye Steaks until recently. They are SOOOO AWESOME! I have always been a Sirloin man, or a Filet Mignon man until now. Well, minor league steaks.... MOVE OVER. I am a 100% Ribeye Man now!

It must be the fat. The marbling that makes them so juicy and melt in your mouth perfect! I am not talking about these little skinny things the grociers calls Ribeyes in the meat section either. I have had some awesome Ribeye steaks recently that are about the best things I have ever put in my mouth!

It is pretty sad. I must confess. I go down the road in the car on the way to work and I pass all these cows in the pasture on the way to/from. Now everytime I look at them all I see is juicy, tasty Ribeyes on the hoof!!! Isn't that pathetic?

Anyhow, you can post your fav steaks and low carb foods, but I am bonkers over Ribeyes lately.

I can't believe I am on a diet now. Eatin great. Never hungry. Losin Weight!


2 comments:

Calianna said...

I like rib-eyes too - haven't had one in years though!


Where do you get yours? Costco? Or do you have an old fashioned butcher shop?

OnlineChristian said...

I've just been buying them when I get out to eat in restaurants.

I have also bought a few from the grocier, but they do not live up to the same level as they are a smaller/thinner cut of meat.

I am thinking about going in with some others and buying some meat off the hoof & getting it rendered at a local plant. Folks in the country do that and save some money - but you have to put your money into the meat up front, and you have to have enough freezer room to take advantage of it.

My wife and I have been anxious to fill our new deep chest freezer with these kinds of foods. More so since I started the low carb way of eating and in trying to cut our costs.

Thanks to my wife I have found value in saving, and cutting costs and corners when you can. It has helped us tremendously.

:)