Monday, August 6, 2007

Eight Random Things About Me...

"Sparky's Girl" (http://lovinglowcarblife.blogspot.com/2007/08/8-random-facts.html) tagged me and seven other low carb bloggers to spill our guts about eight random facts about us. Then I guess we gotta tag eight other folks. Here goes...

1.) What I want to hear (more than anything in my life)... "Well done, my good and faithful servant"! I am a bible-believing Christian (a follower and disciple of Jesus Christ). OK, big surprise, huh? With a handle like "onlinechristian" ...go figure. But that is one of the most important facts about me I could ever share with anyone. Does that mean I am perfect? Nope. Got all the answers? Nope (just One of the big ones). Have I arrived? Nope. Big Giant Hypocrite? Hope Not. I would hope that any and all of us would be interested to learn about the Creator God, and what His Word says, avoiding Hell, and obtaining Eternal Life!

2.) My wife and kids and I really enjoy watching the TV show "MONK". It is pretty funny (with a dry and witty sense of humor), about an obsessive-compulsive private detective. We shut off cable TV several years ago and only get two fuzzy channels via rabbit ears. We bought the CD sets of the program, and it is pretty wholesome and almost no off-color or bad stuff on this show. We try to watch good stuff as a family. You wouldn't dump garbage on your living room floor, so why let your TV do it??

3.) I am probably the worlds most boring person. Really! I mean it! Really boring.
I am not: "hip", "Cool", "trendy", "stylin", With-it, or anything else that would approach being really amazingly interesting. I am amazingly uninteresting. I have no idea who is tops in popular music (rock, etc). I like being boring. It's nice. I suits me. I am the original square peg who has found his square hole in life, and that's the way I like it.

4.) I have been to Australia (twice), Singapore, the Philipines, South Korea, and the island of Diego Garcia. I have traveled through almost every state in the continental United States and have been to Alaska and Hawaii. I have "sailed" on the ocean to the other side of the world twice. Now I am someone who likes being home best. No real interest in travel anymore.

5.) I like to read the Readers Digest magazine when I can. Haven't read one in a long while.

6.) I have enjoyed studying my families and my wife's families genealogy. Whodathunkit - we was related to some mighty interesting and purty famous folks?!! Haven't done much with it in a while. Too busy with other aspects of my life.

7.) I enjoy watching Mayberry RFD and the Andy Griffith Show once inna while. The more my life is like that, and my kids lives are like that, the better. I love small-town America best, where it isn't out of style to say the Pledge of Allegiance, a prayer at a football game, sing the National Anthem, stop on the side of the road in quiet respect when a funeral procession passes (as long as it takes), and where kids are taught to say "Yes, Sir", and "Yes, Ma'am" (manners and polite behavior). I generally like country people better than city people. Folks who still know how to make old fashioned homemade ice cream, and who still know and appreciate honest and hard work, good values, animals and farming, and how to be a good neighbor and help others.

8.) I met my wife on the Internet at an online (Christian) matchmaking site! This is back when this was considered a pretty wierd thing, and was much less common.

9.) I love driving and would rather drive clear across the country than fly. I have flown alot (all over the country and all over the world) but I very much prefer to drive. It is a rare thing that I will fly - though I will if absoutely necessary. Sometimes I feel like Rain-Man. It's hard to REALLY trust technology. Can anybody say "Intermittent Problem"? I drive a little bitty teeny tiny boring car that gets me nearly 40 miles to the gallon, most of the time when I go places. Wheeeeee HOOoooooo!!! My other vehicles regularly support the upkeep and maintenance on many of the palaces in the Persian Gulf region and provide a major boost to the net worth of Global Petroleum Companies - Major Gas-Guzzlers.

Yeah, ..I know that's nine and not eight random facts.

I'll tag some others maybe later in another post, ...*if* I can even think of eight folks to tag online!!

2 comments:

Amy Dungan said...

Great facts! Sounds like we have quite a bit in common! :0)

Losing Weight: said...

Hi "Square Peg"..I enjoyed reading your post. I have just embarked on a low-carb diet for the first time and I have been "cruisin" around looking for information about it.

Thanks for the pickle tip!

Have a great day!
Candee