Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Really Important Stuff

BigDaddyD posted some thoughts on his blog (lowcarbohydrate.blogspot.com) that I think is tremendously important and is certainly worthy of notice and consideration by any and all low carbers. It really struck a chord and resonated with me.

He basically has already lost about 100 lbs or more and is now contemplating how he has to live in order to be successful on ongoing maintenance. In thinking it through, he realized that it is important to carefully consider and list the kinds of things that he did that got him into trouble in the first place. And to understand what the thinking he had at the time, and pretty much the whole enchilada about how he got overweight in the first place
By being brutally honest with ourselves about this (if we were to do this too), and really considering this, we can probably better understand our own weaknesses and the things that we personally struggle with too. I think it is an excellent idea!

I took my own introspection to my favorite low carb support group forum (one with a special area for folks with 100 lbs to lose or more - the Triple Digits Club). In truth, I think that this is the kind of thing that is SO IMPORTANT, I am going to likely be really peeling the onion on this one (through the layers) to get to my deepest issues and think them through for a long while.
No proper maintenance plan can really be effective without understanding all our mistakes and little failings (and stinkin thinkin) that ended up with us in the position that we are so overweight. Some of us at 100 lbs or more... and in my own personal case much more than a hundred pounds overweight! In fact, at a hundred pounds down I may still have over a hundred more to go!

The most important thing for me is not just the losing of the weight but the maintaining a healthy low-carb life over the long-haul. Like so many of my low-carb heros have already done and are continuing to do!!

Anyhow really great reading here at BigDaddyD's low carb blog:
http://lowcarbohydrate.blogspot.com/

Also many thanks to Sparky's Girl who found this and mentioned this post first (on her blog - http://www.lovinglowcarblife.blogspot.com/)!!

I am really appreciative of the Internet low carb community and all you all do to inform, encourage, and support me!! Thanks!!!!!!

1 comment:

Daron said...

Thanks for the wonderful post and for sharing my blog with your readers.

Actually, I have only lost about 85 pounds. I still have 15 to go until my original goal is reached. And even then, I probably need to lose another 10 or 15 additional pounds before my body fat is in the ideal range.

And, you hear it all the time... the last 20 or so pounds is the hardest to lose....

I'll just keep adjusting and tweaking my diet until I get the right combonation for my ever-changing body type.