Monday, July 16, 2007

New Hardware!


I feel like handyman "Tim Taylor" on Home Improvement. I just invested in a Salter model 3003 Aquatronic digital kitchen scale. "OOOh Ooooh, Ahhhh Ahhhh Ahhhh!"



OK - it's just a little dinky scale, but most all kitchen scales are kinda dinky and small. I am not even sure it is a "perfect" scale or device. But I think it will do. Salter offers a ten year warranty. That is pretty good if you think about it. Wish I had ten years and a couple hundred thousand mile warranty on any of my vehicles!! It's kinda nice *someone* feels good enough about their product to stand behind it for ten years!!!

I decided to opt for some extra sheckles (an extra $20.00 over the other Salter model on display) to get the wet and dry weighing capability. Over the life of the product it should hardly be noticeable, and will probably be something I use sometime between now and then.

It has the TARE or Add-To feature. If I was a scale expert I could tell you if there is a difference, but I am not, so I'll just have to FAKE IT. :clearing throat:

The TARE or Add-To feature allows you to reset the zero reading if you put a plate or bowl or even a bowl with some ingredients on it. Then you can keep on weighing as you add the new ingredient and see only how much of it you are adding. That should be pretty kewl!
I got mine at Ye Ol' local "Linens and Things" purveyor of dry goods and all sorts of goodness for the home. Evidently there isn't a huge demand for these kinds of things here in the sticks where I live - as the local major-sized stores you think would have something decent DONT! All they had were really cheap looking ones. ARGH!!%@#*!!

I had to look up my fitday.com account today and I hope to learn a bit about my daily nutritional and diet posture and track it for awhile. Then I can see how it's going and learn what affects me how much it affects me. Tweak things a little. Measure. Get metrics. Analyze. Ponder. Ruminate. Cogitate. Mentally meander all over the landscape until I have those "WHALLA!" moments of inspiration and insight and reach the human equivelant of a fine tuned race car!

Well, one can hope anyhow!

My wife is sure that the snazzy lookin glass top will last mere picoseconds before it is dashed to smitherines by my little human destructor offspring. I promised I would put it up and take care of it. I tried to reassure her that I will take excellent care of it, and will put it up away from little hands and misfortune when I am done. But I know she might be right. :sigh:

But I sure hope not!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am drooling over the new kitchen gadget...it's something I don't yet have here!! Enjoy it!! :D

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

I just bought a scale too. Not very expensive, but it seems to work just fine. I also started again using Fitday. I know my intake has gradually gone up....a slice of bread here, a few too many nuts, an extra serving of fruit...we all do it. Now I measure and weigh everything...and seem to be loosing again!

Have fun with your new toy!! I was weighing everything when I got mine! LOL