Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Lone Star Lollygagging

Well, we just got back from a week in the Lone Star State... The Great State of Texas (not to disparage any of the other "great" states). I have to take this moment to proclaim Texas a low carbers absolute "dream state". There are so many different wonderful restaurants in Austin, Texas featuring some of the best mouth watering low carb food you could put in your mouth. Can you say BEEF???!! Turkey? Chicken? Pork? More Beef?



First I was treated to a wonderful low carb Texas barbecue plate of turkey and veggies (asparagus) at the Salt Lick Restaurant in Austin, Texas. They had it all - Great food, great ambiance, and excellent service. And did I mention great food?!! I highly recommend the Salt Lick in Austin!

Next we tried some of the excellent Mexican restaurants in town. One word. Awesome! Had the Fajitas, and they were so superior to what we have in Tennessee. Great cuts of meat, served sizzling hot and full of flavor.

Then the local steakhouse chain. Once again, no complaints.


Last - we dined at the County Line Restaurant. Man what an awesome Texas barbacue joint that was. Big plates piled high with excellent barbecue meat just about spilling off onto the floor. One fellow in our party got a rack of ribs that looked as large as a doormat, and they were as thick as my fist. Amazing. I had a meat sampler plate that had brisket, turkey, and other meat. Outstanding! The kids had a great time feeding the turtles out behind the restaurant too! Great fun! Highly recommended! Good Eatin! Good Ambiance!

If you are thinking about the ideal place to vacation and find low carb good eating - plan a trip to Austin, Texas! No shortage of beef and other great Texas barbecue meats there! And they sure know how to cook and eat in Texas! Texas sized portions, and excellent quality!! While I was there on business, I enjoyed every minute of this trip - in part due to the excellent low carb food I enjoyed there!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The County Line is one of my favorite restaurants in the WORLD! I am so jealous...I haven't been there in years. I agree...Austin is a low-carber's dream...plenty of great places to eat! :)