Sunday, September 2, 2007

All About Fat

As I go along the way in the low carb life I am constantly trying to learn about diet and nutrition, metabolism, body processes, and about the body in general. In my meanderings I have found a number of articles on human body fat, and how it works. Really interesting stuff. I recommend this kind of reading for anyone looking to master their own body by understanding it better and controlling their decisions. This is really essential reading for anyone serious about low carb life or just simply better health and fitness.

Some great links about fat cells and how they work:

What is Bodyfat?
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/Miscarticles/whatisbodyfat.html

How Fat Cells Work
http://health.howstuffworks.com/fat-cell.htm

The Death of Fat Cells
-- and --
Understanding how obese fat cells work
http://kudosforlowcarb.blogspot.com/
And one more about the metabolic process at play here...
What If A Calorie Isn't Just A Calorie After All?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just wanted to congratulate you on your stunning weight loss--100 pounds, man, that's quite an achievement! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the mention of my article, too!
You've got a great blog here.
Adam;-)

Jimmy Moore said...

Welcome to the triple-digit weight loss club! :D

OnlineChristian said...

Thanks Dietking2 and Jimmy!!!

I really appreciate it! I am just going to keep plugging away here. I got a long, long way to go yet.

Then, even if I can lose all this fat,... I gotta learn how to keep it off!!!

Does the triple digit weight loss club have a secret handshake or decoder ring or something? :smile: