Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Atkins Low Carb Diet Must Be Good For Your Eyes!


I am thinking that the Atkins low carbohydrate diet (Way of Eating) is really wonderful on the eyes! In fact, to prove it I have created this eye chart, just to test. It is wonderful, as I have found that I am actually able to read lines lower and lower each day, thus PROVING beyond any disputable fact or reasonable doubt, that the Atkins low carb diet is great for the eyes!!!

Of course, my eye chart starts at 400 lbs, and although I am not a trained medical professional, and as such my opinions on this matter are purely my own and of no real significance to anyone else, I would believe that some folks might actually require another model of the eye chart. In fact, I hope that one day I myself may have my own vision improve to the point that I will need a new chart as well!!!

This morning I weighed myself and I found that I was back down to 361.4 lbs! It seems like whatever hump I hit I am over. At least I hope so. I have found that lately I am feeling like I have more energy or am a little lighter on my feet. I was told this would happen at some point, but I really haven't felt that till now. Hopefully this good feeling will continue and I will continue reading my eye chart at lower and lower lines. I have been hovering over 360 now for a little bit, and I am so anxious to get below that. It's like an invisible barrier I keep bouncing off like it has some kind of Star Trek force shield or something. Well, hopefully we will puch through even this in the next few days (maybe tomorrow), and be on to new places.

Like they might have said in Trek (no I'm not really a trekky) if perhaps Capt. Kirk, "Bones" the doctor, and Scotty got together and wanted to live healthier on a low carb lifestyle:
"Low Carb... The final frontier... These are the voyages of the Low Carber. Our continuing mission: To explore strange new worlds... To seek out a new life; Perhaps even new civilisations... To boldly go where we have never gone before!"
It is an adventure! And you certainly take yourself to wonderful new places! And you might even find yourself boldly going where you have never gone before (even lower on the new Atkins diet eye chart).

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Dana pointed me this way this morning. You have a new cheerleader...Go, Tim, Go!!!!!!

OnlineChristian said...

Thanks Jen! I appreciate the support! I am trying hard to change the way I eat to improve my health for whatever time the Lord gives me on the Earth. Maybe I need to be a better steward of my body, as well as other things in my life.

I also get tired of hearing preachers talk about "For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. (1 Timothy 4:8)", as if it read something like "excercise like I do or burn in HELL".

Maybe they forget that Paul says about himself "“For his letters,” they say, “are weighty and powerful, but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.”" (2 Cor. 10:10).

My other favorite one I about slink underneith the chairs or pews at church is "whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things." (Phil. 3:19). When you are sitting there with a large belly, it gets a little uncomfortable.

Ah well, ...my sad condition! Thanks for your support! I need all the help I can get (like always)!!!

Please stop back by the blog whenever you can. I am actually going to try to keep this one up as part of my weight loss efforts!

Alex said...

Jimmy Moore pointed me to your blog...keep up the good work! I enjoyed your writing.

OnlineChristian said...

Thanks so much for visiting, Alex!

I appreciate the nice comments. Please stop back again!!

Jimmy Moore is THE MAN! What great work he is doing, helping others! He is one of the most excellent online resources on the low carb way of eating. He really puts alot of work into it and puts alot of information out there. And you have to love his enthusiasm!

Unknown said...

In the full size version I can read down to 270 and I think that last line is 240???

OnlineChristian said...

Think it is actually 270 lbs. But another version might start at whatever you wanted and go as low in weight as you wanted to go. Since I am still up in the stratosphere weight-wise, I am dealing myself with pretty big numbers.

I thought about doign an eye chart going:

XXXXL
XXXL
XXL
XL
L
M

or maybe waist sizes

60
58
56
54
52
50.....

It's all in good fun. I just did it in MS Paint on a whim.