Thursday, January 11, 2007

Water Retention & A Challenge Brought!


If you've been reading here you know that I was seriously bumming about maybe retaining some water and gaining some weight unexpectedly - just as I was hoping to hit the 40lbs lost mark. I gained 5 lbs when I was at 361.8lbs just the day before and bloated on up to 366.8 lbs by the next morning. Sure, 40 pounds is not a tremendously huge number, but it's the next big round number for me, and one I was kinda excited about just the same.

Well, ...this morning I had lost some of the water I had retained, and was down from 366.8 to 363.8. But my legs are still a little swollen, and I am still pushing the water and liquids as much as I can. Maybe I will be back down there (~40 lbs lost) in the next day or so.

I am hoping that tomorrow and/or the next day or two will get me back down to the "40lbs Down!" mark (360.0) once again, and I can dance and sing and make merry yet!!!

One thing also happened that was really funny. I have been picking on my little brother who lost 80lbs on Atkins - then got off. The other day I called and he was eating a large stack of pancakes!
Oh my!
This brother of mine is the inspiration for my "IF HE CAN DO IT, I CAN TOO" diet, which is remarkably similar - if not (in fact), virtually identical to the Atkins diet (except with more dancing, singing, laughing, lollygagging, and rubbing my brothers nose in it if I can just pass him up on my way down!). In the nicest way possible, of course.
He is desperately trying to get back into ketosis as he now knows I am closing in on his weight (~20 lbs is all the difference between us) and if he slacks up even a little, he will gain the title of the fattest and heaviest sibling in our family (of seven kids, all grown up now).
I have been the undisputed heavyweight champ in the family for many years now, but now my younger brother is in serious danger of taking the belt, and becoming the undisputed reigning family heavyweight champion!!!
He is getting desperate now! And I can smell fear... Muuahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh! This is going to be fun! I have thrown down the challenge and My brother has risen to it, and now... may the best man win! Talk about motivation! We may end up both starving ourselves to the death (don't worry, neither of us is in any danger anytime soon) in this competition between ourselves.
Ah well, ...it will be fun!
So, if you read this bro, better get your game on...
and better keep your game on!
The pitter-patter of footsteps
you hear approaching fast behind you
is just little ol' ME!
----------------
And on a totally unrelated note in the PRETTY AMAZING STUFF Department
Lookey here & Check this out:
Wow! He is a pretty talented fellow!! My wife had this emailed to her by a friend and I thought it was worth sharing!

No comments: