Friday, January 12, 2007

The TDC (Triple Digits Club)


One of the support forums available online at the lowcarber site http://forum.lowcarber.org or http://www.lowcarber.ca is called the Triple Digits Club (or TDC). It is a forum for members with at least 100 lbs to lose, and also for folks who have already lost 100 lbs or more.

Recently there have been posts by members in this forum recognizing those who have lost 100 lbs+ that are so encouraging to read! Some of the folks are there long after they have lost 100, 200, or 300 lbs (or more). Their posts are encouraging and they never fail to lend support, encourage, and share advice to others that are working their way down to goal weight. The nice thing I see is that many bristle at the suggestion that low carb eating is a "diet", when for them it is not something you do and then stop and start eating like they always have. They are there to continue maintenance, and to keep in touch with the community, and ideas, and way of eating that have changed their life. In fact, those returning members who treated it as a "diet" are often back to re-lose the same pounds all over again!

It is so encouraging to me to read the member posts, advice, and journals, and to check the gallery for their before, in-progress, and after pictures. Some of them look so much healthier, prettier/handsomer, and in some cases they even look like even younger and more vital people! In fact, a few even look like an entirely different person altogether, and if they didn't include their progress pictures throughout their weight loss journey - you would suspect some sort of fraud was in effect.

I need all the encouragement I can get, and this is a tremendous place to give and to receive support and to get a sense of community - that you are not in this alone!

It is always encouraging to read when someone has broken through a new barrier in weight loss, and read about their journey to ONEderland (being in the hundreds from 100 - 199 lbs).

As for me I have a long ways to go to get to Onederland, but I am on my way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the wonderful forum that banned me.

Be warned that any "God talk" will get you in trouble, and failing to be the person they think you should be will get you banned.

OnlineChristian said...

Huh. That is sure wierd. Wonder if it is part of an ANTI-SPAMMING policy or intolerance? Or just trying to get folks to get along?

I pretty much talk about my faith as a matter of course, but my posting has been mostly to learn about low carb living, and supporting others there as much as I can.

Maybe you will have to drop me an email and let me know what happened. Reading Jimmy Moores blog recently about something similar somewhere else I think - on another web board somewhere.

Oh, BTW - Happy B-Day!