Thursday, January 11, 2007

Happy Happy Joy Joy.... (The Tanita HD 351)

I am feelin all stylin' about my new digital scale.
The Tanita HD 351.

Kinda funny cause the way I feel about this scale is sorta like how I felt about some super hot rod, sports car or something when I was young in High School. I feel like when I was a kid looking a Chevy Nova SS (Super Sport) with 50's and 60's (wide tires) on the front & back - jacked up just so. Maybe with supercharged blower or something. He he he. Or like a Charger Superbee with a Hemi. Jacked up with wide tires and a low throaty, thunder-like rumble as it sits at idle at the stop light.


OK. It's just a scale. So.. "get real", right? But I am lovin' this scale! I love this scale probably more than my kids are loving their I-Pods (did I even spell that right)?
It is a nice little product jam-packed with digital precision down to the tenths of a pound, and with a capacity of 440 lbs. It measures with great consistancy and only varies by just a little bit (ounces, not pounds) on subsequent reads - if at all. It has memory positions for five people in the family, and it shows you your last weight reading concurrent with the new reading it is taking, so you can easily see the difference.

We shopped all over the net and read opinion after opinion on online reviews of scales (epinons.com, amazon.com, etc). Many scales evidently vary considerably from reading to reading, and you have to average the various readings to approximate your weight.
Or you have to spend a small fortune for one of those nice beam-type doctors scales (that will go over the standard 350lbs capacity, in my case). Overall I am pretty happy with this little wonder. It is the revealer of my Joy and Happiness every morning! My reward for all my efforts and concerted attention. Ahhhhhhh....... (another pound or more down! Joy Joy, Happy Happy, Joy!).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review - based on your review I think I'll give it a try. Just hope it accommodates my big feet.