Monday, May 21, 2007

Mappin it Out: A Look Into the Future

THIS ISN'T A SPRINT - IT'S A MARATHON!


I decided to map out the graph of my progress and extend it out - and see what it looks like. Wow! I spent a few minutes putting the graphic together this evening and extended a band that is my current rate of loss into the future - not that I can count on anything, let alone my losses remaining consistent into the future. They could go slower or faster.


One thing that is apparent is that I got a whole giant boatload of flab to lose, and it is going to take some time, for sure. No wonder. I didn't get into this situation overnight and it will take more than a short while to lose the extra weight I have put on since I was about 18 or 20 or so.


Although I can be rational and mature and all that, ...it still **is** difficult to be patient and go through all the time and effort to reach my goal. The one upside of this taking so long is that as long as I am focused on losing weight, I'll likely not be gaining any back. So that bodes well for my health for the immediate future - the next few years at least.


I think that it is better that it takes time probably, as I will spend more than a couple years learning the skills I need to learn to maintain this as an ongoing way of life into the future.


Anyhow I am posting my long term chart as a graphic so everyone can see what a journey this is just to hit my goals. It may take longer - who knows? And in truth - the journey is one that I hope doesn't end. This isn't a diet. This is the way I eat from now on.

No comments: