Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Time's: They Are A Changin'

I dunno - but I think things have been slowin down for me lately. My wife has noticed it herself and has commented to me on it. She thinks I am stuck in the 330's. I am spending more time here than I have at weights previously, I think. My rate of loss has slowed some. I am still losing. I am on the verge of busting into the 320's, still. Just way more slowly. I noticed I am about down another belt notch lower than the last one, and it is about time to drill more holes or get a smallerish belt. That is one good thing!

The cycling of my weight up and down has continued - retaining water weight and riding up, then dropping down to new lows. But I am dropping less lately than before. On one cycle recently I noticed a .4 lb drop (POINT FOUR) from one new low to the next!!! Still it **IS** in the right direction.

ARGH!! I have been getting disgusted enough that I stopped logging my daily weight (something I probably shouldn't do I suppose) and have mostly been logging my weight online when it hits new lows.

I am probably getting to the point where things I did in the past with impunity - still losing weight - I can no longer get away with. I have been reading online alot and thinking about things. Am I in a stall? Have I just hit a levelling off period? Or do I need to crank things up or cut things back just to get things going again??

I am not eating massive amounts of carbs. My average is still 1.9 lbs loss a week since January, but still lately I am certainly doing somewhat less which is frustrating. I still have plenty of bodyfat tho. So it's not even like I am leveling out at rock bottom!

I have been contemplating all kinds of things. Beginning to work-out or doing something to raise my metabolic rate. Jumping on to some lower calories low carb thing to bust things loose (perhaps do a Kimkins or a M/E kinda thing for a short period)? It's probably just me needing to cut back on the cheese and salad stuff a bit. Get more ON PROGRAM than I have been lately. I probably haven't been counting carbs tightly enough, and that is perhaps the deal. I haven't been going nose-down into carbs, but maybe overdoing it on cheese or the salad bar or the like. I may need to get back on fitday and do some fascist level logging of things and tracking day to day much harder.

The past couple of days I have had the stomach flu bug. Massive intestinal disruption in very socially unacceptable contexts (if you know what I mean). I have had a bad headache and stomach ache. I am hoping that going through this might be enough to propel me into 320-land. We'll see.

Hanging in there. Keeping on Keeping on. Staying the course.

No comments: