Monday, May 21, 2007

What - Me Worry? HA! Down into the 320's!!!!!

Negative Self Talk and Worry - Internal Battles
Well it appears I have hand-wrung and worried myself into a mini-whoosh-like breakthrough into the 320's (see prior blog post). I wonder how many calories are burned in hand wringing, worrying, and the like? Does that count as excercise? Should I log that in my "Fit-Day" journal entry? Hand wringing - 2 days (>14,000 calories)??!!
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am big on positive self-talk and staying positive in outlook and all. Yet the truth is, when I start worrying all the negative thoughts get in there and do battle internally - these kinds of things **do** pop into my brain. I try not to dwell on them or give them any place to hang out, but the truth is you do start to worry and have negative thoughts if positive things aren't happening like they used to. So it is a battle! One we got to hang in there and stay the course on!!!
---------------------------------------
SMALL VICTORIES! This morning on the scale I read 326.2 lbs - so I am finally making it into 320-land. "EEEEEE-Doggie!" Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!

That is a new all time low for me (last low I saw was at 331 lbs), and makes it over 80 lbs down now. Actually 83.8 lbs. So, I'll take it!

Given that I stay true to form, I will now roller coaster ride back up again and then back down again in a few days time. That is so frustrating, but I guess it's how this whole deal works for me. I would like my weight numbers to be much more linear and consistent, instead of oscillating all over the place like they do (riding up and down on water retention). Another week or two and I will be out of the 330's, I would hope (based on past experience).

Anyhow. I feel good. I feel REAL GOOD!! It's been a long long while in coming and I was seemingly never going to break thru out of the 330's.

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Congrats on seeing the 320's! It is normal for your weight to yo-yo up and down while your losing. I've learned it's my "trend" when losing to gain a lb or two for a couple of days after losing, then it will disapper and take another lb or two with it. Just keep up the great work!